cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to change the default SGML Declaration which is used to compile XML Document type ?

dgopois
12-Amethyst

How to change the default SGML Declaration which is used to compile XML Document type ?

Hello,

On Arbortext Editor 6.1, I want to compile a DTD (XML)  but the document type did not compile successfully.

On Arbortext Editor 6.0, the document type compile successfully..

Perhaps, this problem is linked with the SGML Declaration which is used to compile XML Document type.

Can you help me?

Below, the error message during the compilation:

Dtgen.exe Parser Error:

While parsing file C:\Logiciel\Atelier_Epic\config_CR\auf210\EPIC43\dm\dtd\common.ent:

Tag minimization declarations are mandatory when OMITTAG is enabled.

O or - entries must be added to the refipc element declaration

(err:599  line:263  pos:13158)

Compile failed - rc=32

David G

1 REPLY 1

Curiosity, are you trying to compile a XML DTD or a SGML DTD and if its XML did you somehow tell it SGML. The indication is that Omittag is on, which I believe it is by default for SGML documents and so you need a document name followed by - or 0 followed by the definition of the element. I usually have them all on since Arbortext puts the tags in and I can insure then that the document will be correct with start and end tags in place.

You might check how you are compiling. I have SGML and XML dtds and I only compile the SGML DTDs The XML DTDs do require a compile, but in Arbortext Architect I do validate the DTDs to insure they are correct syntax wise. I also have SGML and XML DTDs for the same document type as we move away form SGML.

Ray

Top Tags