cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Arbortext fonts and tags too large or too small

mbezverkov
1-Newbie

Arbortext fonts and tags too large or too small

Has anyone had problems with the fonts or the tags in Arbortext appearing either way too small or way too big? If so, has the size of either changed every time you opened a new document?

I have been having issues where every time I open a document, my tags appear enormous and my text so small you can't read it. If you zoom in to read the text, the tags get even bigger and take up the whole screen, making it difficult to author. If I close out of the document and reopen it, the tags are bigger than the last time, and the text even smaller.

I tried using the suggestions in another thread that was actually started on my behalf and met with limited success. (Changing tag display size in Arbortext Editor)

If I set my preferences to match those of my teammates, it looks like this:

In order to make the text readable, I can use the "set fontpercent=" function, but have to put it at something crazy like 200 or higher. Then I get something like this:

Its workable, but not optimal, and rather annoying.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software five times. I deleted all of the PTC folders I could find off my C drive with each uninstall, hoping there was some personal setting caught in them that was causing the problem. I have deleted the cache files multiple times.

I was originally running the 32-bit version and hoped that was the problem, so I installed the 64-bit version the last time. The problem was the same, only in a different way. My book outline was enormous, my text was normal, and my tags were minuscule. It doesn't want to save my views after I adjust them like it is supposed to. So zoom in, out, in, and the next time I open the same or a different document, I have to do it again.

If anyone can help me with this issue, I would be incredibly grateful. It makes working in Arbortext difficult and is starting to become a real downer.

3 REPLIES 3

What version of Arbortext are you running? What version of Windows?

Have you changed the size of text in Windows display settings to a value other than 100%? How to make text, apps, and other items bigger in Windows 10 | Windows Central

I am running Arbortext 6.0 32- and 64-bit versions on Windows 7.

The problem I have is the size of the text font and tag fonts in comparison to each other. I would like them both to be a normal size together, as opposed to one being gigantic and one being miniscule. This is what I get when I open a topic:

I understand the problem and it seems vaguely familiar. First thing I'd check is that the font size in Windows has not been adjusted. Second thing I'd check is to make sure your Arbortext is running the latest patch release M140. If those don't fix the issue then you might need to contact PTC Support.

Top Tags