cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Save coordinate system with part (STEP)

hpham-2
1-Newbie

Save coordinate system with part (STEP)

I can create CS on the part (for example: connector with CS located at pin 1) and save it as pkg.  Save part in STEP does not save the CS, is there work around?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
PeterKehoe
5-Regular Member
(To:hpham-2)

If you use the "Granite" option when saving a STEP file, coordinate systems that are attached to the model are included in the STEP file as a wireframe part with a line in each of the 3 coordinate system directions starting at the coordinate system's origin.

coord_sys_step.JPG

Is there way to get the axis label also ? Like xyz.

PeterKehoe
5-Regular Member
(To:hpham-2)

I haven't found a way to get the labels.

Hi.,

do you know the "The right-hand axes rule"

For explanation start the help of Modeling or Express6 an search for "Orientation and rotation".

in German: "Ausrichtung und Rotation"

Best regards

Friedhelm

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )
Top Tags