cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Array / Matrix syntax

jbiffi
1-Newbie

Array / Matrix syntax

Hello Everybody

I use MATHCAD PRIME 3.0.

Does some one coulp help me with the syntax to set a value to a matrix' element in an array of matrix?

On this example AA is an array/vector of 2 matrix 5x80.

I can access to an element to get his value (67.34) but I am not able to set a value to this same element.

Maybe the syntax I use is incorrect..

Please Help !!!

syntaxe PRIME.JPG

10 REPLIES 10

I think it is a bug in Mathcad.

Valery

Thanks for your answer.

I understand your demonstration but this is not applicable to intense matrix computation...

Is there a way to repport this bug to PTC ?

Jean-Marc

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I
(To:jbiffi)

You can push a value into a matrix with a program.  It's quite cumbersome

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:jbiffi)

This annoying behavior is not Prime specific, we also see it in real Mathcad for a long time.

You may report bugs to PTC but only if you have active maintenance.  PTC lets you pay for the privilege to report them bugs in their software.

Not sure if this link works for you: https://support.ptc.com/apps/case_logger_viewer/auth/ssl/log

From www.ptc,com (you have to log in sooner or later) go to "support", "PTC eSupport" scroll down and to the bottom left you find the link to Mathcad Case Logger

Good luck and don't expect any solution within the next decade 😞

Jean-Marc,

If the links do not work for you, please let me know and I will enter the bug.

I believe it will have more weight coming from a customer, but will get it on the books for you.

Best,

Toby

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Tmetcalf)

This problem has been known about, and complained about, for years. Long before PTC even acquired Mathcad. Since it hasn't been addressed in the last 15 years, it will be interesting to see if it gets addressed in the next 15 years.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:Tmetcalf)

Richard Jackson wrote:

This problem has been known about, and complained about, for years. Long before PTC even acquired Mathcad. Since it hasn't been addressed in the last 15 years, it will be interesting to see if it gets addressed in the next 15 years.

Here's an example from 2008 ...

Indexing into an array within an array...

This topic has reared its head several times, often with new users who are likely to be on support.

Stuart

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:StuartBruff)

This is from a worksheet that I submitted to Mathsoft in August 2007 via the Power Users group that specifically calls out this problem.

Richard Jackson wrote:

This is from a worksheet that I submitted to Mathsoft in August 2007 via the Power Users group ...

Users. Users. I read this word few times from PTC but read a lot of Custumers. For example, I'm an user of Hysys, both at campus and industry. For the university isn' very expensive, but for the industry we are talking about five digits.

Best regards.

Alvaro.

Hi Toby!

See please one more two bugs in Mathcad:

- a smell Why??? Sum vector and matrix in prime

- a big Matrix and vector in Solver!

Regards,

Val

Top Tags