cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

This Error appears to me every time when i want to add helix ''invalid accuracy combination, cannot generate/modify part more accurate than profile'' how can i fix it?

akoulidis
1-Newbie

This Error appears to me every time when i want to add helix ''invalid accuracy combination, cannot generate/modify part more accurate than profile'' how can i fix it?

I am working in PTC creo Elements/Direct Modeling 6.0. This Error appears to me every time when i want to add helix ''invalid accuracy combination, cannot generate/modify part more accurate than profile'' how can i fix it?

What should i do?

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Alexis,

if you want to work on a part with the standard resolution "1.0E-6 mm" (see part property) with a workplane ( supose you  imported geomery) with resolution eg. "1.0E-4 mm" (see workplane property) it will not work.

Either you down-change the resolution of your part in part properties to the resolution of the profile/workplane or you re-draw the profile in a new workplane in the resolution of your existing part.

I would suggest the 2nd.

Parts with lower resolution in your constructions will cause problems in the future.

Good luck

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

One trick I have found, if you are working with an imported model, create the workplane without referencing the imported model and prior to projecting any 2D from the imported model, draw a line. This will keep the accuracy of the workplane at 1.0E-6 mm. The projected 2D may require some trimming to clean up the vertexes.

Unlike parts, I found that I could increase the resolution of a workplane.

Creo Element\Direct Modeling 20.6.0.0.0

Thank you very much!!

Top Tags