cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Changing the direction of the text in edit bar of APP

mtaher
1-Newbie

Changing the direction of the text in edit bar of APP

I've used the old version of Arbortext APP (3b2) that works on MS-DOS, and it was possible to change the direction of writing in the yellow edit bar from (left to right) to (right to left) in order to write in the Arabic language and to use Hindi digits instead of Arabic digits.

Is it possible to change the direction of the text in the yellow edit bar in ArborText 11.1 2016 just like the old versions?

2 REPLIES 2

I ran some tests using the Arabic version config and V11.0 non unicode a few years ago with some mixed but usable results and i recall this was something not currently supported by the Unicode version so the same would apply in V11.1 as its unicode only.

If there is enough demand you could try a communities feature request (product idea) or go through support.

Regards
Chris

Solutions : Services : Software

www.tformat.com

V11StndArabicScreenSample.png

Thank you Chris Western

This is a replication of your image:

ptc4.jpg

What do you mean by Arabic version config? Is it a special configuration for APP?

I can't use hindi numbers while typing. The only method is to copy the hindi number from Windows Character map and paste them into APP.

Side question: What are the fonts you have used in the test file, are they Linotype fonts?

Top Tags