cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Issues Inserting and/or Modifying a Feature

NEALROSENBLUM
1-Newbie

Issues Inserting and/or Modifying a Feature

Hey Everybody,

I have a model with about 100 features.  I have not changed the model in several weeks.  I just tried to modify a feature and the model freezes up...Pro|E not responding.

So I "backed up" the model tree feature-by feature to try to figure out where the regeneration is hanging up.  I found a ROUND that is the issue.  But when I try to delete the round, the model hangs up.  If I try to suppress the round, the model hangs up.  If I try to modify the model accuracy, the model hangs up.

So how do I get rid of this feature?  How do I free up this model from the shackles of NOT RESPONDING?????

I am still using Wildfire 5.0.

TIA,

Neal Rosenblum

Geometrix Engineering, Inc.

-

www.geometrixeng.com

954-649-9399

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8

Did u try to edit the round feature ?

If you can able to do that , delete all the sets inside that round feature and select any one of the edge in the

3D model to exit the round feature. Once completed the round feature can be deleted.

Dear Rabraham,

I cannot even redefine the feature.  As soon as right click on the part and select REDEFINE, the part hangs up again.

Hi, I would start by suppressing all the features after the round.

You can also take a look at the reference viewer to see the parents of the round has something happened prior to the round that need to be adjusted to fix it. The reference viewer will tell you what they are.

Do you know if the round is actually doing what it is supposed to do? If you can get into it then see if you can redefine or remove any missing refs or failures in the sets.

Hope this helps

Dear Roy,

I am able to move the insertion location up to the BAD FEATURE.  But I cannot insert before it.  I even looked at the parents and just tried to delete them.  Still hangs up.

After nearly 20 years using Pro|E, I have never seen anything like this.

--Neal

Can you suppress all the features then try accuracy change before resuming all?

You can do some editing under pro-program. in the tools tab, under model intent drop down, program. EDIT Design

Find the offending feature in the text file, delete that area. When you close out of the txt file, it'll ask if you want to incorporate the changes, YES.

Not sure it'll work for you but it worked on my simple test model.

try to RMB on the feature just before the problem round feature and select "Insert here" to suppress all the features below. and then try to delete the problem round....just a try if it works or not....

Dear Manjunath,

I have tried this as well.  This is just the weirdest thing that I cannot work around this feature.

But I solved the problem.  I went into my cloud backup which continuously backs up my files.  I went back to the previous update that I sent to my customer in September 2016.  The first file that was backed up had the same problem.  But the one just before it (minutes before it) DID NOT have the same problem.  So I recovered the "good" file and then had a very small amount of updating to get it back up to where I was this week.  I essentially had not touched the part from the time in September to this week.  Had I not had the backup, I would have been in a great deal of trouble.  Thank you everybody for your suggestions.

--Neal

Top Tags