cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill CPS - Install on the database server???

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Windchill CPS - Install on the database server???

I saw this article come through from tech support recently:  CS248141 (link is currently dead)

I pushed back on support and said, "This makes absolutely no sense. The CPS is installed on the Windchill (application) server. There is nothing to install on the database server..."

Here is the reply I received back:  "This article was created with reference to a case where a customer has a mismatch between their Windchill version and database version. Their Windchill version was 10.2 M030 CPS 14 and they were using Database of the version 10.2 M030 CPS 19. With every new MOR updates or CPS updates changes are deployed in Windchill codes and Database as well. Hence, it’s always recommended to use Windchill and database of the supported versions."

I'm completely confused. How does one install a CPS on the database server???  For external database servers, the PSI can be used to create the database schema during initial installation, but even that is optional.  (PTC provides instructions on how to do this manually.)  Am I completely missing something?  Are the critical patch sets supposed to be deployed on the database server, separate from installation on the application server?  I was under the impression that installing a CPS from the application server did update the database.

2 REPLIES 2
BineshKumar1
12-Amethyst
(To:TomU)

PTC might have done fixing all the bugs in their products and now started fixing Oracle bugs too. Lol

Well that doesn't help those of us on SQL.

Top Tags