cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

grey mask upon the mathcad sheet

bvolzer
1-Newbie

grey mask upon the mathcad sheet

Hello community,

I have a problem with using mathcad 15. When I start the program and open a new sheet, all i can see is a grey window (see screenshot attached). Also when i open old mathcad sheets, no caculations are visisble. When I scroll, some numbers blink up-but just for a very short time. So it looks like mathcad is acutally working but a grey mask is upon my numbers/calculations. I reinstalled the program and changed settings in order to solve the problem. Unfortunately nothing was successfull so far. Does anybody know the problem or hast some good andvice?

best regards

Benjamin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Another thing which might be worth checking is the paper size

File - page Setup

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:bvolzer)

Is this a new installation of Mathcad, or did it function correctly before this happened?

Does the problem occur with all sheets you open, or just with some?

If it did work before, what did you change to your computer?

What happens if you create a new sheet?

You might want to try to switch off graphics acceleration for your graphics adapter card, or reduce the number of screen colours and see if that changes the behaviour.

Success!

Luc

- Yes it is a new version of Mathcad (M045). But it did not work correctly with the older version either

- Yes the problem occurs with all sheets. Even when I start a new one.

- I did not change anything (at least on purpose) on my computer. All other programs run correctly...

Changing the graphics did not solve the problem.

Thank you for advice!

best regards

benjamin

Look in the "View" menu and turn off "Regions"

"Regions" is turned off. Turn on does not change anything.  I changed all settings which might be related to the problem. But nothing worked. If my colleague register on this computer mathcad is running correctly. So I thing the problem is with some wrong settings.

I earased all mathcad related folders in the path ...appdata\roaming. Nothing changed.

Another thing which might be worth checking is the paper size

File - page Setup

Aparently it has sth. to do with the paper size. Since I changed the format to landscape the white background is back again. Unfortuantely there is no reasonable settings i can use. Just unahndy presettings.... At least I can do my calculation again. 

Thank you very much for you support!

best regards

Benjamin

> Unfortuantely there is no reasonable settings i can use.

Reasonable settings should appear as soon as you chose a printer the first time.

The paper size you can chose from depends upon the printer you selected.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Which version of Mathcad 15? If it isn't the latest one, M045, download and install that. You can get it here: Thank You for Your Interest in PTC Mathcad 15 | PTC

yes, it is the version M045

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Windows OS?

Top Tags