cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

family table repeat region filters/relations

kmitchell
3-Visitor

family table repeat region filters/relations

Is it possible to use only filters to achieve the desired result shown in fam_table_question.png?

I want to exclude the model features of the family table boxed in red, and keep the two (user defined) parameters.

Either as clarification, or a second question:

Can I modify my repeat region by selecting items and/or filters as displayed in the model Family Items menu shown in fam_table_question2.png?

Thanks for any help!

Krystal

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

define following filter to see 2 requested columns:

&fam.inst.param.name  == FIN, MAT

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

define following filter to see 2 requested columns:

&fam.inst.param.name  == FIN, MAT

MH

Martin Hanák

Interesting. I didn't know I could specify multiple columns with one filter. Presumably, they are put in the drawing table in the order of the names? Or is it in the order of the family table entries? I'll have to have a go at it to see. I've always defined my family table driven drawing tables with individual columns. The methods of defining these things is kind of weird, where you can, if not careful, end up with overlapping regions without intending to, and see some really bizarre results.

Hi,

I do not know how Creo determines order of columns.

MH

Martin Hanák

Thank you to everyone for the assistance!  I received another suggestion as well.  I will try both methods and post my results.

Regarding column order of 2D repeat regions, I received this: 

With a regular 2D region, you're stuck with the original order used in the family table and have to suffer through moving and swapping columns to change it.

Krystal

Top Tags