cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Using WaterSteamPro in Mathcad Prime

glardner
1-Newbie

Using WaterSteamPro in Mathcad Prime

How do I get Prime 3.1 to make use of WaterSteamPro? I see from various postings that it does now work, but I can't get it to work; I get "Variable not defined" whenever I try to use a WSP function.

I have copied wspmcad.dll from the Mathcad 15 userefi folder into the PTC\Mathcad Prime 3.1\Custom Functions folder. Is that correct? Is there enything else or different that I should be doing? It worked for CoolProps, but seemingly not for WaterSteamPro.

I tried Prime at version 1, but gave up in disgust. This is my first time to use Prime since then. I am probably making some fundamental mistake. But I see a couple of postings by Valery Ochkov showing WaterSteamPro working in Prime 3.0 (eg messages #222892), so I know it should be possible.

6 REPLIES 6
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:glardner)

I can't say whether or not it's possible, but the user DLL format is different for Prime, and you certainly can't use the DLL for MC15.

I guess Valery must be using a version of wspmcad.dll compiled for Prime, maybe compiled for 64 bit; or else (very likely) I am doing something wrong.

No problem by using WaterSteamPro in Prime 3

See please pictures 9.6-9-8 here

Study 9. Nuclear Power Plant steam turbine cycle

Hi Valery,

Thanks for the reply. I saw that message you refer to; indeed, it was partly why I looked again at using Prime (I have Prime 3.1). But I just can't get WaterSteamPro to work in Prime; always I get the error "This variable is undefined" or "This expression cannot be evaluated". So the question is not "does it work?" (your previous postings show that WSP does work in Prime), but rather it is "how do I make it work?" or "what do I need to do to enable Prime to make use of the WSP functions?". Do I have to copy a WaterSteamPro dll into the Custom Functions folder of Prime? If so, which dll?

I have tried reinstalling WSP from scratch, just in case I had broken something in my earlier attempts. WSP works fine in Mathcad 15, but I still can't get it to work in Prime 3.1. I feel I am being very stupid or slow.

We will compile WSP for the 64-bit version Of Prime too. Sorry.

Thank you Valery. I had not considered the possibility that you were using Prime on 32-bit Windows and I am using it on 64-bit Windows. That indeed could indeed explain why WSP works in Prime for you but not for me. I look forward to hearing when the 64-bit version for Prime is available.

Top Tags