cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to show a sketch on a part but not show on an assembly

WarrenPettus
1-Newbie

How to show a sketch on a part but not show on an assembly

I need to show a sketch on a part and its drawing (the sketch is used as a reference during assembly).  Once the part is assembled, the sketched feature is no longer needed and should not be seen.  I tried to create a new layer in the assembly and hide it, but the layer is automatically created in the part with the sketch hidden.  Hence, how can the sketch be shown on the part but not shown on the assembly?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:WarrenPettus)

From the standpoint of the drawing of the part, you can show the layer in the drawing and hide it in the part model provided you have the drawing set up options correct. I think they are draw_layer_overrides_mode YES and  ignore_model_layer_status YES. Your drawing will control the layers displayed independently of how your part file displays the layer.

From the standpoint of the assembly model, the part layer will control how the assembly looks. If the layer is hidden in the part, the layer will be hidden in the assembly. From the standpoint of the assembly drawing, make sure the layer is also hidden in the assembly drawing.

Maybe that makes sense...

You might also make the part flexible in the assembly and suppress the feature there. This will allow the part to have the feature visible, but not show in the assembly.

Hi Warren,

Did either of the replies help solve your issue?  If so, please mark it as the Correct Answer, so other users, who may have the same question, can find the answer quickly.

Thanks,

Amit

Top Tags