cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Animations and how to do them

JohnF
4-Participant

Animations and how to do them

CREO has what appears to be a very useful Animation application, however it is not the easiest to use. Try as I might I have been unable to find a usable tutorial.  There are one or two YouTube efforts but none appear to describe exactly how to get the best out of the app.  Is there by any chance an Animation expert out there? One who could put me right, especially when it comes to parallel animations.

3 REPLIES 3
Alex_Cazacu
17-Peridot
(To:JohnF)

Hi John,

What would you like to see? I usually run demos on Mechanisms, that is the animation area of Creo 3.0.

The process is quite simple, But the main thing is that you need to put the first component in the assembly as Default. This way all the components may move related to the first main component.

After this you assemble all the parts, go to Mechanisms and place the Servomotors.

Create the analyze (Position if you are only interested in the moves, Kinematic if you also would like to see the velocity and acceleration involved). Run the analyze and then you can place some Measurements and see the velocity/acceleration or position in graphs and also add the forces as vectors during playback.

For a reference you can see the K-12 Software Training | PTC

In How to Model Almost Anything Exercise 6 are all the information about Mechanism assembly and Exercise 3 is giving lots of information about the Analyses using Mechanism. Also see Exercise 11 - about the Dynamic Mechanism analyzes.

Let me know if you need more information!

JohnF
4-Participant
(To:Alex_Cazacu)

Hi Alexandru

I am very familiar with the Mechanism module and have used it for many years. The Application I am referring to is the Animation one which allows the creation of rotational, exploded as well as mechanism animations and creates avi, wav.mpeg, etc., files of these independently and, more excitingly, in combination to create stunning animations.  The problem is I don't yet know how to use it.  It looks as if I am going to have to use trial and error until I am competent.

Alex_Cazacu
17-Peridot
(To:JohnF)

Hi John,

Sorry for this mistake of mine... Most of the teachers are referring to the Mechanisms as Animation... This Animation module is like a small part of Creo Illustrate.

It can be mostly used to create animation sequences for exploded views.

Top Tags