cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Creo parametric 2.0 is unable to open specific dxf file

SandeepKadam07
12-Amethyst

Creo parametric 2.0 is unable to open specific dxf file

What are the possible listed reasons that Creo 2.0 is unable to open specific dxf file.

Regards

Sandeep

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DXF can be many things.  Triangles, curves.....    Understand what is in the DXF.  If it does not come into the Sketch curve then the problem could be that there are no curves in the DXF model.  if your bringing the dxf into the part and it does not work then there could be something corrupt in the file.  you can try the DXF into a 30 day free licence of Rhino 3d and get a grip of what your importing or better yet watch the person export the DXF from the native package.   I suggest exporting the DXF in with various options so you can try multiple things.  (we at design engine do this in various classes to exude art work or logos in Creo)

You can also make a copy of the DXF and load the file into wordpad or notepad to understand what is there.  notice the header will indicate what the native package is.   Consider taking our Creo Data Doctor class. its an intnese two days and well worth it.   http://proetools.com/prosurface-level-11-import-data-doctor/

Bart Brejcha

Design-engine.com

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Hi Sandeep,

What happens when you try to open this drawing (if there are any error messages)?

Hi Vladimir

Creo go to hang mode, no option other than kill the application

Can you attach this file to the message? Also try to open it with free Creo View Express: Creo View Express | PTC

Hey Vladimir,

PTC R&D team helped me to open it in datecode I have installed. Actually, I am able to open it in creo 3.0. But as all users in our organisation are working on Creo 2.0 M080  datecode in which these files were not opening. Now Files sent from PTC are OK. Thanks for reply.

You're welcome.

PetrP
14-Alexandrite
(To:SandeepKadam07)

Hey, for me in Creo drawing works to export DXF as "AutoCAD 2000 ASCII DXF" format.

Also just try rename file to "1.DXF" or other simple filename (avoid complicated filename).

I changed name to 1.dxf but yet can't open file.

PetrP
14-Alexandrite
(To:SandeepKadam07)

Try to get DXF in ASCII format as mentioned above if possible.

Btw: sometimes it takes ages when Creo translating all entities/dimensions etc. so that is probably why screen frozen during import. Just let it work and don't kill the app. Take a nap and wait

DXF can be many things.  Triangles, curves.....    Understand what is in the DXF.  If it does not come into the Sketch curve then the problem could be that there are no curves in the DXF model.  if your bringing the dxf into the part and it does not work then there could be something corrupt in the file.  you can try the DXF into a 30 day free licence of Rhino 3d and get a grip of what your importing or better yet watch the person export the DXF from the native package.   I suggest exporting the DXF in with various options so you can try multiple things.  (we at design engine do this in various classes to exude art work or logos in Creo)

You can also make a copy of the DXF and load the file into wordpad or notepad to understand what is there.  notice the header will indicate what the native package is.   Consider taking our Creo Data Doctor class. its an intnese two days and well worth it.   http://proetools.com/prosurface-level-11-import-data-doctor/

Bart Brejcha

Design-engine.com

Thanks Bart Brejcha,

This is very useful information you have shared

Regards

Sandeep

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags