cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

bundling question

dgrobe
6-Contributor

bundling question

ok, i have done alot of work and studying with the cable app of creo.  here is the issue i am having.

Basically i am routing cables in an assembly.  they are then bundled with a tie strap.  where i am having trouble is figuring out how to bundle the cables in the top level so they represent a 6 cable bundle. 

i have a top level assembly 9700.  structured under that is a Cable Kit assembly which has all my cables. this assembly is 3100.  structured under that is 6 cable assemblies 3400, 3401, 3402, 3403, 3404, 3405, 3406.  each of those cable assemblies have 2 connector components and the harness part named 3400.prt, etc. 

my question is, where do i create my network for the cables? in the 3100?  do i create individual networks in the 340* cable assemblies?  or do i create it in the top level 9700?   

what i created was a 3400 cable assembly, with the 2 component parts, and the 3400.prt harness.  i then take that 3400 and assemble it into the 3100.asm, that 3100 is then assembled into the 9700.  everything lines up, and connects where it needs to go, but the cables are just laying on top of each other.  im trying to get a bundle representation.

Thanks for any help, i think i am very close to having it how i want it, just trying to wrap my brain around it.

1 REPLY 1
jroeber
4-Participant
(To:dgrobe)

I think you should make a 3100 harness.asm and 3100 harness.prt and then create add all wires and connectors of the 3400 items.   Then make "Subharnesses" for each of those.

I haven't actually done this, so can't give you much details, but that is basically the way I understand "subharnesses" to work.

Top Tags