cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Show updated variables above input

ccarmichael
1-Newbie

Show updated variables above input

I am trying to design a part with two variable diameters.  I change the values of the two diameters at the top of the document and a final answer is displayed at the end of the document.  Is there a way to show the final answer near the top of the document so that I may see what the final answer is while still at the top of the document?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

You can use the global definition

global_def.png

Viktor

Viktor

Note that Viktors suggestion only works if you turn your whole calculation into functions dependent on the two input diameters. not a bad idea anyway but can be a lot of work in a larger calculation sheet and could also make it harder readable.

Not sure if this could be an option for you, but you can hide the whole calculation in a collapsed area, so all you see are the regions with the input variables, a horizontal line (which you can customize if you use Mathcad 15  and below) and below it the result.

Another way to achieve what you demand was provided by Andy here

Product Idea: Ability to display a Summary page at top of worksheet

But as Prime is too limited this solution will only work in Mathcad 15 or below as it uses scripted components.

The short answer is no.

One way of solving it is to create a seperate summary document.

Insert a colapsable area at the beginning and include your worksheet.

Then you can write a summary document with access to all results from the original document.

Top Tags