cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Screw Mechanism (turret rotation)

atrukhin
1-Newbie

Screw Mechanism (turret rotation)

Dear All,

I am still struggling through modeling a turret rotation. The case in point is to model raotaion by joining two threaded parts. I`ve come up only with an idea of how to model threads (refer to the attachment). Broadly speaking, I created a parametric curve (a helical curve) which represents a thread in a one part. In the other part I created a point and via two joints (cylinder and slot) I joined them. Unfortunately, this is not what I have anticticipated. For example, when you regenerate the mechanism after analisys was done, CREO cannot find an initial position or there is a possibility to model the screw mechanism only in one direction within one analysis, etc. Recently I`ve come across this facinating example of a deffirential screw: PTC Creo - Differential Screw Mechanism - YouTube . As I understand, I have to draw a profile of a thread for both parts. Moreover, in near future I want to model differential screws. Perhaps, somebody even have such a model. Can anybody guide me of how to create such models (screw mechanism)?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
Kevin
10-Marble
(To:atrukhin)

Something needs to be held stationary and one part needs to rotate with another so that you get the desired rotation. From what I can see all parts are free to rotate relative to one another which may be one reason for what you are seeing.

Top Tags