cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How do you export a custom symbol?

StevetS
1-Newbie

How do you export a custom symbol?

I've spent a couple hours creating many much needed symbols for my library. I'm surprised these weren't made a long time ago. Anyways, is there a way I can export the file alone? The only way I can think of making these available to everyone is creating a small drawing with all the created symbols on it so they can copy and paste into their own drawing, but I'd love for there to be a way I can export the symbols alone. I'd like to create a power point full of them and attach a file or a file path to these symbols. As always your help is greatly appreciated!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mender
6-Contributor
(To:StevetS)

You can save the symbols to disk and put them in a directory.  Symbol Gallery > Write.  The user then says 'insert custom symbol' and picks the file.

You can also make a little drawing, arrange the symbols in it according to logical groupings, set the config option "symbol_instance_palette_file" to this drawing.  Then the user says 'insert symbol from palette', and can select the symbol visually.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mender
6-Contributor
(To:StevetS)

You can save the symbols to disk and put them in a directory.  Symbol Gallery > Write.  The user then says 'insert custom symbol' and picks the file.

You can also make a little drawing, arrange the symbols in it according to logical groupings, set the config option "symbol_instance_palette_file" to this drawing.  Then the user says 'insert symbol from palette', and can select the symbol visually.

Hope that helps!

StevetS
1-Newbie
(To:mender)

Matt, that first answer is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you. I'll also do the second suggestion as well. Thanks!!

Top Tags