cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

i am using creo parametric 3.i trying to cut the model in the left hand side using the blue semi-circular surface in order to bring it in the exact same form as the shape in the right hand side but i cant.how do i cut using surfaces instead of sketch?

mcharitonos
1-Newbie

i am using creo parametric 3.i trying to cut the model in the left hand side using the blue semi-circular surface in order to bring it in the exact same form as the shape in the right hand side but i cant.how do i cut using surfaces instead of sketch?

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:mcharitonos)

Use the solidify command under MODEL tab in the ribbon Editing section. For CUT, use the removal cut icon.

hello and thank you for your answer.i do know that but in order to do what you said i have to sketch on the drawing.but i dont want that.what i want is to use the blue surface as a sketch in order to cut it.but i dont know how to do it.i have to use references this won't help me

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Solidify command does not use or allow sketching.

1. select the surface

2. select the solidify command

3.Select the remove material icon.

4. you may need to flip the arrow if material removal is on the wrong side of the surface.

it worked!

thank you

i am on the final stages and i am struggling with the pattern.i want 3 pieces of the schematic below in 360 degrees.Do you know how to apply the pattern in order to be the same with the other image below??

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Possibly, create an axis through the center. Select features you want to pattern. Select pattern. In the drop down menu of the pattern command, choose axis and then select the axis you created. You'll want 3 for the first value and at 120 degrees each

Top Tags