cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

turning: element-specific feedrate

OS_7883567
11-Garnet

turning: element-specific feedrate

Hi,

is there an option, where i can choose an element-specific feedrate?

So, let's assume that i want a finishing-feedrate of 0,1mm per revolution. Now there ist a cut-in on the outer surface of the part, where i want to turn faster about this area (maybe 1mm p.r.) because in this area there is no material to cut. After that area i need again the feedrate of 0,1mm p.r..

Is it possible to change the feedrates in the same turning profile between the different curves?

Sorry, it is a little bit complicated to explain the problem.

I add a picture, where you can maybe see what i mean.

Tank you!

Greetings

Oliver

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Oliver,

Best way to achieve different feeds is to make separate turn profiles for the areas to be tuned at finish feed rate, add separate cut motions & use "connect" between the cut motions. Connect motion allows to select feed rate & axis preference for the connect motion (simultaneous/x first/z first) .

If it is preferred to keep only one profile, you can insert cl commands (insert/F 0.1) & pick the command location by clicking relative to tool motion. But drawback for this method would be, as the location of different cl commands is relative to tool motion during any future modifications in turn profile, location of cl command must be redefined or it might end up in different locations than intended.

Regards

Pushkar

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Oliver,

Best way to achieve different feeds is to make separate turn profiles for the areas to be tuned at finish feed rate, add separate cut motions & use "connect" between the cut motions. Connect motion allows to select feed rate & axis preference for the connect motion (simultaneous/x first/z first) .

If it is preferred to keep only one profile, you can insert cl commands (insert/F 0.1) & pick the command location by clicking relative to tool motion. But drawback for this method would be, as the location of different cl commands is relative to tool motion during any future modifications in turn profile, location of cl command must be redefined or it might end up in different locations than intended.

Regards

Pushkar

Hi Pushkar,

this is exactly, what i've been looking for!

Thank you!

Oliver

Top Tags