cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Expand All

hdasilva
13-Aquamarine

Expand All

14-01-2017 11-39-12.png

Hi

Is there any possible way to delete or move this option  "Expand All" from this model tree menu?

I constantly work with very large assemblys, and it happens a lot, when i want to collapse all features, i miss the button and end clicking on "Expand All"

This results on long waits, sometimes 5 minutes or more before i can continue working

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:hdasilva)

As an alternate approach you could create a mapkey to execute the collapse all and expand all.  For the expand all mapkey, first go to the model tree filters and uncheck the "excluded objects" items in the model tree.  You will be surprised how useful the expand all is when you only show the items that are active in the model tree.

Capture.JPG

hdasilva
13-Aquamarine
(To:BillRyan)

Thats a good Idea 

I will try it!

Thanks

creodential
5-Regular Member
(To:BillRyan)

I seem to be missing something. I liked the idea, so I tried it, but it doesn't make any difference.

• excluded objects are unchecked,
  • a part in a large assembly is activated
  • if I hit "expand all", there is no difference between what's displayed versus all options in the tree filter checked.

It's even worse, because once a part is activated there is no option to "locate it in the model tree" anymore.

Tested with Creo 2 M240.

ScreenShot00297.png

Please have a look at the Creo 11 enhancements. They have a somewhat different intention, but will help your case as well as the expansion will be incremental. see Improved Expand and Collapse Workflows for all Navigation Trees

Top Tags