cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Spec driven piping for creo 3.0

cwatson-2
1-Newbie

Spec driven piping for creo 3.0

My company is new to Creo and we are trying to figure out how to set up spec driven piping i think we have config files set up right but we can not find any inch piping? the only thing we see is in sample project. Are we missing something is there a standard inch piping in spec driven piping and we dont know how to find it, is there a download, or are we stuck building the whole thing from the ground up? 

1 REPLY 1
sully7
13-Aquamarine
(To:cwatson-2)

Hi Chip,

The example "Spec-Driven Piping Library" that comes with Creo uses "MMKS" sadly. It's a bit complicated to change these to IPS in Creo 3, mostly because you can't just change the label of the unit system, you also have to change all the values of all the diameters/thicknesses, as well as all the other values in your bend, bend machine, bend springback, fitting, miter (etc) files. If you work in multiple unit systems often, you also have to then make sure that you are also using the correct start part as well.

So in essence, yes, you're sort of stuck building the whole thing by hand. Fun times.

Also, in its current state... if you ever upgrade to Creo 4, you will also have to essentially re-create the whole thing all over again in the new file formats (CSVs, and a good amount of the data/files have been changed from what they used to be).

However, if you or one of your colleagues will be at LiveWorx next week, definitely stop by our booth. We're going to be announcing/showcasing our newest product - which is a brand new web interface so that you never have to deal with manually-editing all those text files ever again

Check it out here - RsysConfig - CadActive

PM me if you're interested in more information about it.

Thanks,

James Sullivan

CadActive Technologies

President & Founder

President & Founder
CadActive Technologies - www.cadactive.com
Top Tags