cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Section cutting plane line font is different between two like drawings but drawing configs appear to be the same.

gspencer-4
1-Newbie

Section cutting plane line font is different between two like drawings but drawing configs appear to be the same.

I couldn't find a better area to ask this: I have two drawings with nearly the exact same part detailed. One has a section cutting plane line font as a dense phantom line. The other has a very wide spread phantom line font that, in my opinion, does not look good on the print. I can't find any discrepancies between the two drawing configs so I'm not sure why this has changed between the two drawings. I don't think it's the size of one of the parts as the part with the preferred cutting plane line font - its casting drawing has the bad looking cutting plane line font and obviously the casting is the same size...besides stock. I don't think the PTC defaults have changed in the time it took me to finish one drawing and create the other either as, again, I don't see any differences in the drawing configs. In the Creo drawing the cutting planes look alike but as soon as I plot them on PDF or even print them directly from Creo the one changes to the spaced out phantom font. Any ideas???

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

I guess that the difference is cause by line_style_length drawing option.

See also Axes printing

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi, thanks for the reply. I don't see that drawing option in the drawing properties. Is that for Creo 2? Also, I should mention that it appears to be any NEW drawing I create after around the time I created that first drawing. I guess any drawing that was made before that I modify has a drawing option that is already set while every drawing I make now is set up with the new cutting plane drawing option? But again, I don't see any differences in the drawing properties. Some hidden config setting?

Hi,

open both drawings and save their drawing properties into files. Upload these two files (use How to Attach a File to a Discussion Reply procedure), I can compare them for you.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi, thanks for the reply. I don't see that drawing option in the drawing properties. Is that for Creo 2? Also, I should mention that it appears to be any NEW drawing I create after around the time I created that first drawing. I guess any drawing that was made before that I modify has a drawing option that is already set while every drawing I make now is set up with the new cutting plane drawing option? But again, I don't see any differences in the drawing properties. Some hidden config setting?

Top Tags