cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

capacity exceeded: text fragment page table entries

apco
1-Newbie

capacity exceeded: text fragment page table entries

Hello everybody,

I've got a fosi I'm cleaning up to work in Editor 5.4, and I am getting the above error.

can anyone tell me what causes this error??

I know it was fixed in later releases, however we need to use 5.4.

Thanks,

Tracey

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Tracey,

From my book Practical FOSI:

Q: I am getting a “TEX capacity exceeded” error message. What does that mean? How do I fix it? A: There are two possible causes for this error.

1. Authoring issue. A block element, such as a paragraph, in the document being formatted may be too long (more than one page).

2. FOSI issue. The FOSI may be saving too much content, such as an entire chapter. Enter fas "#CONTENT" at the command line of the tagged FOSI editor to go to the next savetext conrule or usetext source that includes it.

Check the .tex file to see where it ends, which should indicate whether the problem is with the document or the FOSI.

NOTE: Set the PUBTEX_FORCE_LOG environment variable to yes in order to save .tex files created when documents are formatted.

Good luck!

Suzanne Napoleon

www.FOSIexpert.com

"WYSIWYG is last-century technology!"

Hello Suzanne,

Thankyou for your reply.

I have tried setting the PUBTEX_FORCE_LOG environment variable (similarly to APTCUSTOM) , however it does not create a .tex file. The capacity exceeded error appears as soon as I try to kick off a print, perhaps it does not get far enough?

I can see .tex files in the cache from my v6 and v7 renditions.

I am trying now to run this fosi under v 5.4. I have cleaned all the lang, deflang markup etc from the v7 Styler to fosi export, in order to run it in 5.4. It was working ok a few weeks ago, but clearly something I've changed since then has broken it.

At this stage, without seeing the .tex which would be most helpful, I think its make a best guess.

Fortunately I have multiple stages of backups....

Thanks again,..

Any further advice most welcome.

Tracey

Top Tags