cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to update guess values in a solve block

DJF
16-Pearl
16-Pearl

How to update guess values in a solve block

I thought this was quite useful but I couldn't find a single post here or elsewhere on how to do it.  Mathcad's solver is a bit temperamental so feeding it good guesses can be important.  Other programs I've used offer the option to use last solution as the guesses.  Since I don't seem to see that option I generated a program to do it. 

Here's the original post for the problem I was trying to solve.  I'm just posting this stand-alone to enhance findability: 

Solve block problem (3.1)

Credit to Valery for pointing me in this direction.

This is probably an overly complicated example, but the takeaway is guesses can be fed into a solve block (when it's called as a function).  And a program can be used to read the last solution as new guesses when it calls the solve block.  Maybe there are more elegant ways to do it, but it seems like a good trick to have in your bag. 

It would be nice it Mathcad offered this a built-in option.  I expect it would help a lot of people with convergence troubles.

4x.jpg

Prime 3.1 file attached.

Hope this helps someone.

1 REPLY 1
ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV
(To:DJF)

> Credit to Valery for pointing me in this direction.

Thanks. I am glad!

I have solved same task (a system of n equations - sensitive on guess value).

I must use programming not the Find function

See please

6-Izv-Koag-Units-Program.png

No problems to create plots

11-Izv-Koag-Units-Program.png

Top Tags