cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

REPLACE PART IN SEVERAL ASSEMBLIES

cspinelli
13-Aquamarine

REPLACE PART IN SEVERAL ASSEMBLIES

Hello,

is there a way to replace a part with an existing one in several assemblies without opening all the assemblies?

with Creo 2.0 M230 liked to Windchill PDMLink

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
psobejko
12-Amethyst
(To:cspinelli)

I'd create a new temporary assembly and assemble into it all the assemblies in which you want to replace a component with some other one.

Then, do a search and then replace by unrelated component.

At this point, I'd hopefully be asked by the system to check out things because they are being changed.  Do this, then check in the temporary assembly, along with all the changed sub-assemblies.

Then, delete the temporary assembly from windchill...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
psobejko
12-Amethyst

I'd create a new temporary assembly and assemble into it all the assemblies in which you want to replace a component with some other one.

Then, do a search and then replace by unrelated component.

At this point, I'd hopefully be asked by the system to check out things because they are being changed.  Do this, then check in the temporary assembly, along with all the changed sub-assemblies.

Then, delete the temporary assembly from windchill...

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Yes, you could record a trail file that does the replacement, modify it (copy paste) for all of the assemblies you want and then run Creo in no graphics mode (-g:no_graphics).

Paul Sobejko‌'s way is probably easier though.

cspinelli
13-Aquamarine

thanks to all!

Top Tags