cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Filtering S1000D Inline Applicability for PDF output in Arbortext CSDB / Publisher

jmemery
1-Newbie

Filtering S1000D Inline Applicability for PDF output in Arbortext CSDB / Publisher

I'm setting up an S1000D project (in Arbortext CSDB with around 2000 DMs) to use S1000D Applicability - the aim being to use extensive inline applicability to reduce duplication. The problem appears to be that we need to produce PDF output, and as far as i can see the Arortext CSDB (4.2 M039) only filters at DM applicability level, and there is no way to basically extract ONLY the relevent data for a specific customer by it pulling only the inline applicability and common paragaphs. In other words, when the PDF is generated via Arbortext Publisher (4.2 M030) ALL of the applicabilities are listed in the output PDF whereas i need only single customers.

Does anybody know a way around this for printed output. Would a later version of either the CSDB, or the Publisher, enable us to generate PDF output for specific customers only? If so there is a good chance i can get the system upgraded.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1

I can't answer your question, but would note that PTC is now promoting the new Windchill-based CSDB, which I believe does support inline applicability.

Top Tags