cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Possible options to extract the CAD file information without opening in Creo.

HarikrishnanR
3-Visitor

Possible options to extract the CAD file information without opening in Creo.

Dear Experts,

Please let me know, Can we extract the CAD model "Parameter values" (Description, Material, and Revision etc.)  as well as  model "associated parts" information ( family table instances, Drawing numbers etc.) which is stored in “Shared network drives OR Local drives”.?

Note:

Information should be extracted by without opening the CAD model in Creo

Thanks,

Hari

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.” - Dalai Lama.

4 REPLIES 4

This might be possible if the creo Workgroupmanager would work in the same way as the CATIA V5 WGM does. With the CATIA WGM for each Workspace-Object a XML-File is created. In this XML-File you have the complete Metainformation of the related CAD-Document.

In creo you have only one XML-File that contains all Metainformation from all CAD-Objects located in the Workspace. This file is located in your cache-directory and is named like ws.cache.<nr> (not one the ws.cache.content.<nr> Files). From this you can extract the needed Information.

To use this file you have to send the Files to your Workspace.

Markus

Thank you Markus!

One of my ex-colleagues wrote a toolkit program to read/write parameters without actually opening the file in Creo. However if I remember correctly, it still uses Creo in the background to read/write the values. If this is something you are interested, I can message you his contact details.

Hi Binesh, Thank you!

Could you please share your colleagues contact information to harikrishnan-r@hcl.com

Thanks

Hari

Top Tags