cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Hi PTC Community, I was wondering if it is possible to open two components in other window in an assembly?

cgarcia-5
1-Newbie

Hi PTC Community, I was wondering if it is possible to open two components in other window in an assembly?

Well, I'm working in some views but in some of them I need the view of two different components in an assembly. My question is, if it is possible to open two different components in another window?, because if I want to open one component is easy, I just right click and then open, but if I select two the option disappear.

I'm using Creo parametric 2.0. I will appreciate your help.

Regards.

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

you cannot open multiple components in one step. You have to open components one by one.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Carlos,

You can create a Simplified Representation, which consists of just the 2 components.  Then retrieve the Simp Rep.

Thanks,

Amit

Hello guys, I have found another way to do it, thank you for taking your time answering.

Now, I have another issue. When I pass the 3D to 2D there is some components that have a lot of lines, if I set no hidden it does not help.

Then I tried with a option called "Fast HLR for Drawing" it help me but when I see the component in other different program like .dwg I saw the lines again.

This is like it suppose to be at the moment of see the file:

No_hidden_Creo.PNG

This is how it is showed:

No_hidden_OtherProgram.PNG

Regards.

Carlos.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:cgarcia-5)

Those are tangent lines (edges of curved surfaces). Select the views, right click properties, go to the view display tab, set tangent edges to NONE.

Hi Stephen,

Thank you so much! I just set the option "Hidden line removal for quits" to "yes". Btw when I set "None" some lines that have to be showed dessapear.

But This work for me.

Best Regards,

Carlos

Top Tags