cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Font display problem on different computers

glászló
4-Participant

Font display problem on different computers

Hi!

Recently we started to employ a new college, who will design wiring in Creo Schematics. We installed the software for him on Win7. The .ui and config files were copied from my computer. I used Univers OTS font for displaying every text or label because this was the only one which could write the "ű" and "ő" letters (the other one was the Univers OTS Bold, but that's obviously not an option...). It works fine for me, I could always write the specified letters, no problem. Now the college has a problem with this font because on his computer it is unable to write the specified letters. If I write these letters in a design, close it, he opens it, he will get the letters changed to different types. If he tries to write the letters he gets an underline instead "_", after this if he closes the design, and then I open is, I get a totally different font stile with the "_"-s in it. I've also tried the following: Our mechanical engineers use Arial Narrow font for text because of the same reason I specified above. I've copied the font they provided to the fonts folder in schematics, same thing happened.... On my computer it works fine, but on his it's bad. Currently I use Win10 64bit and the guy has Win7 64bit, but I used this on Win7 too, it worked fine.

Can anyone suggest something for this problem? I'm currently thinking this might be a Windows issue...

Thanks!

Laszlo

6 REPLIES 6
BillF
13-Aquamarine
(To:glászló)

Univers OTS is not a standard windows font.  I suspect that his computer does not have it and possibly not Arial Narrow (which is not on a minimal Win10 computer I checked).  If a file is loaded that uses an unknown font, windows tries to find one in the general family to load.

If none of the built in fonts have the characters you need (I assume that you looked at the extended Unicode characters), you may need to purchase the fonts you want for those computers but that leaves the same problem if you ever share the design with someone else.

glászló
4-Participant
(To:BillF)

Actually the fonts doesn't appear in windows fonts on either PC, and I've never did a font setup on mine and it simply worked. Thanks for the answer!

Best regards,

Laszlo

Creo has it's own font directory.

glászló
4-Participant
(To:dschenken)

If you mean the one here: ''...\Schematics\x86e_win64\creoschematics\fonts\'' I know, but currently it doesn't really matter because as I mentioned Univ OTS is an out of the box font in Creo Schematics.

glászló
4-Participant
(To:BillF)

By the way, I've checked it too and my win10 has Arial Narrow by default (maybe office contains it?)

Hi,

can you check if localization settings for both machines are the same ? (windows control panel -> Region and Language)

Regards,

Gaby

Top Tags