cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How to fix server authentication error in post-trigger event

bbean
8-Gravel

How to fix server authentication error in post-trigger event

Hello,

I am attempting to execute a command that should prompt the server to return a list of items defined by a query. However, the sever execute:

try {

serverResponse = serverCmdRunner.execute();

} catch (ae){

var msg = ae.getMessage();

return null;    

}

return serverResponse;

This try catch block is throwing an error. The message returned by that error is:

[API-issues]: Authentication failed for  on m***ptc-02.h****s.com:7002

I am not sure why this script is failing authentication, any ideas where my problem might be, or what direction to look in?

3 REPLIES 3
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:bbean)

Hello Britton Bean‌,

Are you using LDAP authentication, or the internal MKS Domain for user authentication & validation?

If it's LDAP, turn on LDAP logging on the server to see what happens when your API user tries to login.  A bad login should generate an authentication failed message similar to the following:

* * * * WARNING * * * * (5): Login exception encountered while attempting authentication of user xxxx via policy default_clear. Details of exception java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to authenticate to LDAP server: The credentials presented to the server for authentication are not valid. (For example, the password sent to the server does not match the user's password in the directory.)

The data codes and next steps for debugging LDAP are listed here:  CS134882: How to troubleshoot LDAP authentication for integrity.

If you are confident you're not passing the wrong credentials (not LDAP error 49 data 52e), then it could be the error is inaccurate.  In that case, you might need to open a case with PTC Integrity Support to investigate.

Kind Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

We are using internal MKS Domain for user authentication & validation, not LDAP authentication.

skopczewski
5-Regular Member
(To:bbean)

Hello,

I see you try to use API calls in POST trigger. I guess you didn't allow API calls in your ILM configuration. That's why you are getting error:

[API-issues]: Authentication failed

You have to set properties:

in /config/properties/is.properties

mksis.apiSession.defaultUser

mksis.apiSession.defaultPassword

in /config/client/IntegrityClientSite.rc

daemon.connectionPolicy

After that restart server and it should work.

Regards,

Sebastian

Top Tags