cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Can anyone tell me why in our Creo 3.0 M100 and Windchill PDMLink 10.1 M030 system setup I do not routinely see part and assembly graphics in the Windchill interface?

kkimball
4-Participant

Can anyone tell me why in our Creo 3.0 M100 and Windchill PDMLink 10.1 M030 system setup I do not routinely see part and assembly graphics in the Windchill interface?

I occasionally will come across a file that will have a 3D model displayed that I can spin around, but it is very rare. There should be some graphics visualization for every file as far as I'm concerned. Any help to point me in the right direction would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:kkimball)

Do your designers just do a Model Check-in or do they do a Model and Visualization Check-In?

Do you have thumbnail publishing enabled?

Not sure if those are the right track, but someone may know more than me!

kkimball
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

I don't even see an option for Model and Visualization Check-In, only Check In. Also, where would one check to see if thumbnail publishing was enabled?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

From within Creo and a file open, highlight the file name in the navigator, right-mouse and in the drop down, select Check-In, then Custom, bottom option is Model and Visualization.

SergeyEfimov
13-Aquamarine

Check that the Creo Thumbnail Viewer is installed.

I recommend to disable Creo Parametric thumbnail when viewing CAD document's details page in the embedded browser from Windchill PDMLink

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS61508&

Lack performance with big assemblies

Top Tags