cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

My eps images generated from Mathflow SDK, i want to import this files into Arbortext Advanced Print Publiser. But after i create a raster object and set it in a frame, the eps did not display.

晓张-2
1-Newbie

My eps images generated from Mathflow SDK, i want to import this files into Arbortext Advanced Print Publiser. But after i create a raster object and set it in a frame, the eps did not display.

The PTC TS tell me that only the eps has tiff preview image can display in APP correctly, then the question is how could i add the tiff preview image into the eps file.

5 REPLIES 5

The best option is to import the file into Adobe Illustrator and then export it as eps so that Illustrator will create the embedded TIFF preview image.

If the original is a bitmap, then you can use Adobe Photoshop in the same way.

EPS is only required to specify the correct bounding box. Not sure why you need to see the eps preview raster image.

AAPP does not display anything when eps has no preview, so we could not check if the image is right when typesetting.

The Illustrator can do this job, thanks for your advice.

We have written a MathFlow Equation Composer (EQC) plugin for APP, and yes, we have encountered the same behaviour. The EPS files generated by EQC do not contain embedded previews, so will not show up in APP. However, when you print to PDF the EPS equations will display. If you add previews (as dschenken suggest) then you will see the EPS files in APP, but be aware the EPS file size will be larger.

Another thing to be aware of is that MathFlow EPS also do not contain embedded fonts. This means all fonts must be supplied by the system. APP handles this as follows: during PDF output the EPS files are processed by the PStill component embedded within APP. PStill translates the EPS to PDF. However, PStill does not use Windows fonts, instead you need to convert the fonts to PStill format. You need to use instfonts.exe utility to add any fonts that may be referenced by the EPS, such as Euclid and the other MathFlow fonts.

Hello,

I ask this question for this requirement.

Our formula generated by MathFlow with Mathml, but 3B2's addon lib could not support all mathml tags, so some formula could not display correctly when imported into 3B2. Now we try the other way, covert the mathml to EPS by using Mathflow, import the figure into 3B2 and we meeting this question...

What the plugin(EQC) for, this plugin is for APP, so after install this plugin, all mathml from mathflow can display same as mathflow show?  If so, how could i get this plugin?

Thank you very much!

We created this plugin for use by publishers of scientific journals. They had a similar problem that MathML could not be faithfully rendered by the 3B2 MathML library. Our solution was to use MathFlow Equation Composer to render the equations dynamically. This works through the use of the EquationComposer.dll, to which we pass MathML markup during formatting. We then load the Equation Composer EPS or GIF into APP and display that on the page. We cache all images for speed, and the DLL integration is seamless.

This is not available as a standalone product, but we could implement this solution for your APP template if required. The tool is "GMA" (GPSL MathML for APP) and you can find out more by contacting info@gpsl.co (www.gpsl.co).

Top Tags