cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Mechanism assembly conundrum.

JohnF
4-Participant

Mechanism assembly conundrum.

I keep getting an anomalous error message when trying to complete a Pin Connection.  Firstly I am working in a Simplified rep with just the parts I need in the rep. I set the axis constraints and they seem OK, I set the Translation constraints and they also seem to be Ok. In the Sim Rep I get connection complete as you would expect.  I then open the Master Rep and the same connection here gives a message "Failed to satisfy motion axis settings"  I do not understand what is going on, can anyone shed some light on the situation?

2 REPLIES 2
tbrotherhood
4-Participant
(To:JohnF)

Sorry John, you are way beyond my experience with Creo. Have you tried emailing Alex direct?

Kevin
10-Marble
(To:JohnF)

Looking at what you are assembling if you need any linear movement, which is usually what causes the problem in my experiences, a pin connection is the wrong type to use since it only allows angular rotation. In a case like this you probably want to use a cylinder connection and specify a linear translation reference with limits on the range of motion,  create another constraint that constrains the motion, or let the connection to another part control the translation if it's appropriate.

Top Tags