cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

VirtualBox Networking Question

davehaigh
11-Garnet

VirtualBox Networking Question

I know this may seem a bit off topic, but in all reality I think it's appropriate to this venue.

I've been setting up a training lab for a couple of Creo users we are bringing onto our Admin team.

I've setup two VM's using VirtualBox, using the Internal Network option so the machines can't see the host or external network. Both are Windows 7 machines.

• One machine has the same name and MAC address as our production license server and it has our production licenses installed on it.
  • The other machine is client with a random MAC address, and has Creo 4 installed on it using the license from the first VM.

All of this works as expected.

3-7-2017 10-26-41 AM.jpg

I've run into a problem with the license server that I don't know how to solve.

When I try to open the FLEXnet Admin Web Interface,

3-7-2017 10-33-29 AM.png

I get these errors:

3-7-2017 10-34-13 AM.png

I'm no Windows networking expert, and certainly don't know how to set this up in VirtualBox.

Any help would be appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4

Still don't have a solution, but this morning I went into the Network & Sharing Center control panel and setup a fixed ip address for TCP/IPv4. I did this on the two VM's I have. One is set for 192.168.1.1, the other 192.168.1.2. The subnet mask for both is 255.255.255.0. I can now ping each machine from the other using the ip addresses.

Now I'm getting a different error when launching the FLEXnet Admin Web Interface. See below:

Issues found
The remote device or resource won't accept the connectionThe remote device or resource won't accept the connection
The device or resource (localhost) is not set up to accept connections on port "8080". Detected 
Contact your network administrator Completed

Issues found Detection details

6 The remote device or resource won't accept the connection Detected 

The device or resource (localhost) is not set up to accept connections on port "8080".
Contact your network administrator Completed

The computer or device you are trying to reach is available, but it doesn’t support what you’re trying to do. This might be a configuration issue or a limitation of the device.

Any help appreciated.

David,

try to install FLEXnet 10.8. instead of Flexnet 11.

MH

Martin Hanák

That kind of defeats the purpose of creating a VM that's an exact duplicate of our production environment. Besides I prefer the features in Flexnet 11.

• You can return licenses early
  • You can read a new ptc.opt file without restarting the license server
  • You prevent users from flushing licenses
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:davehaigh)

Could be a Windows Firewall issue. Probably won't allow http connections on port 8080 with ootb settings. I would try disabling the firewall and trying it.

Top Tags