cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Is there a integration kit command to load a drawing into Annotation from Model Manager?

dhull
4-Participant

Is there a integration kit command to load a drawing into Annotation from Model Manager?

I've had great success using sd-db-element-load to load models from Model Manager into modeling.

After setting the model and version to a couple variables: LOAD_MODEL M_VERSION the following command loads models perfectly:

Example (oli:sd-db-element-load :identifier (format nil "~A,~A" LOAD_MODEL M_VERSION) :database-type :model :load-mode :full)

How would I do the same thing with a drawing?

3 REPLIES 3

I use: (MODELMANAGER::MM-SEND-CMD (format nil "SD-LOAD-2D-BY-LINK '~A'" elid))

Get the elid by: (setf elid (sd_inq_obj_elid Object))

BS

dhull
4-Participant
(To:bschoondermark)

This definitely looks like a step in the right direction, but I get a no handler error.

Example:

No handler found for Creo Elements/Direct Model Manager command [SD-LOAD-2D-BY-LINK 'CUMBBKGRC8AA6N']

Do I need to customize something in model manager to get this working?

sd_inq_obj_elid  doesn't seem to be a normal modeling command. Am I using the wrong package?  Or, is this the equivalent of: sd-db-element-elid   ?

I've tried picking the elid with (setf elid (sd-db-element-exists  :identifier (format nil "~a,?" part_name)   :database-type "DRAWING_2D"))

So, for (MODELMANAGER::MM-SEND-CMD (format nil "SD-LOAD-2D-BY-LINK '~A'" elid)) should elid be the drawing elid or the model elid?

I'm so sorry, after looking in to it I realise this is no standard functionality. It was added by our software supplier. I guess you cannot use this command without their software.

BS

Top Tags