cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

BOM Order, repeat region, Format Level

mslotty
5-Regular Member

BOM Order, repeat region, Format Level

Hey all,

I am creating formats for my employer and we are trying to figure out a way to organize the BOM in order of part number, as opposed to its current default of "description"

I know this can be done at the drawing level, but we would like it to be automated by the format, so we don't have any issues of someone forgetting to reorganize the BOM.

I have read the forums of how to reorganize it (there are about 4 threads started), but none of the ways described seem to work at the format level.

any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mslotty
5-Regular Member
(To:mender)

yes, yes, and yes, then:

I select table>repeat region>sort regions, then I select the region.

The warning "All indices in the region are fixed. Sort will not work." pops up.

EDIT:

Solved my own problem.

I wasn't pressing enough buttons.

Next step was to select "Edit" then "Forward" or "Backwards" depending on my preference, then the region I want it to sort by.

I need to button mash more.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mender
6-Contributor
(To:mslotty)

So the format (or drawing template) has a table, the table has a repeat region, the repeat region is not yet connected to a solid model, And you're trying to set up the sort order in the repeat region, and what step doesn't work?

mslotty
5-Regular Member
(To:mender)

yes, yes, and yes, then:

I select table>repeat region>sort regions, then I select the region.

The warning "All indices in the region are fixed. Sort will not work." pops up.

EDIT:

Solved my own problem.

I wasn't pressing enough buttons.

Next step was to select "Edit" then "Forward" or "Backwards" depending on my preference, then the region I want it to sort by.

I need to button mash more.

Top Tags