cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Can you use an OVERLAY in Creo Schematics?

JohnWenner
6-Contributor

Can you use an OVERLAY in Creo Schematics?

In the past we used Pro/DIAGRAM to do electrical and we were able to use an OVERLAY to add the Wiring Diagram to the 3D harness drawing.  We liked this process since it only required us to manage one "Drawing" in the system.  Essentially, the drawing was a BOM with the harness in 3D on it and flattened, then the last sheet was an overlay with the wiring Diagram on it.

I'm not a Cabling/Schematic expert; however, I'm being told that in Creo Schematics they took away the overlay process.  Any truth to that?  Do I now need to create a separate drawing for all the Wiring Diagrams?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
fmohr
5-Regular Member
(To:JohnWenner)

I used to have a group do the same as you and put an overlay of the diagram on to the drawing.  Yes, there is not a function that directly replaces that because Creo/Schematic is a separate application from the Creo/Parametric suite.  What you can do now is export the sheet(s) from your Schematic design as a DXF file and then import that DXF in to your drawing.  Take note that the imported DXF file is not linked backed to your schematic so any changes will not be reflected in your drawing.  You may also want to try some of the other file formats during the export/import process.  They may work better.

I hope that helps.

Top Tags