cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Plotting the points of intersection on the graph ?

lvl107
20-Turquoise

Plotting the points of intersection on the graph ?

Hello Everyone.

(1).PNG

To the question : Plotting the points of intersection on the graph ?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I
(To:lvl107)

8 REPLIES 8
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

The points where the curve intersects with itself are plotted on the graph.... along with a lot of other points.

If you want the coordinates of the intersection points plotted in readable text next to them, you need to define a few more curves to get them in.

Refer to the great work "Creating amazing images with mathcad" by Byrge Birkeland for ideas on how to do that.

Success!
Luc

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

lvl107
20-Turquoise

(2).PNG

How many points of intersection on the graph ?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Sorry, I misunderstood your original question.

To solve the problem at hand, I would mathematically create the lissajous-shape in 3D, then make a projection of it on a (2D) surface and find the intersecting points of it.

Why the detour? because now you only have two expressions, and a single running variable. I see no path where that brings you to more than 2 solutions.

Success!
Luc

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

Emperically:

lvl107
20-Turquoise

I greatly appreciate all of your time and help. Werner, Luc, and Fred.       . I'm very, very happy. And I think I still need help with the two of question, the above, on cos(  ) function :

(3).PNG

Thanks in advance.
                    Best Regards.

Loi

lvl107
20-Turquoise

(4).PNG

So I have a query : How to rotate a graph (pi/2) clockwise and (pi/2) counter-clockwise ?

Best Regards.

Loi 

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

> How to rotate a graph (pi/2) clockwise and (pi/2) counter-clockwise ?

clockwise: replace the x(t) on the abscissa by y(t) and the y(t) on the ordinate by -x(t)

counter clockwise: replace the x(t) on the abscissa by -y(t) and the y(t) on the ordinate by x(t)

Top Tags