cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Best way to create parallel views with quilts?

StevetS
1-Newbie

Best way to create parallel views with quilts?

Almost my entire job revolves around boundary blends and quilts. When we use anything that's not a completely flat quilt I can never unbend it like I need to, which leaves me with a Flatten Quilt. Since these flatten quilts never stay part of the assembly I end up having to bring them into my drawing as a separate piece, but I sometimes struggle getting them to be completely flat on the drawing. It's hard to explain, but once I get this quilt flat I need to have a view that is parallel completely with the quilt so it can be cut out. Usually I add a plane to the quilt and then add a plane on an edge and use the front of the quilt as a secondary reference and set the angle at 90 and then I have a front and right/left plane to pick from my orientation. Today I've been wrestling with a triangle which doesn't want to let me do this method. My question is, is there any easier way to set an orientation view to be parallel with the flattened quilt? Ideally is there a way to just use one plane to set an orientation?

The pictures below are not of the same quilt.

orient1.PNGparallel quilt.PNG

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags