cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Is there a method for showing PDMLink parameter values as upper case only on drawings?

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Is there a method for showing PDMLink parameter values as upper case only on drawings?

I would like to show the lifecycle state parameter on drawings but the value delivered is not upper case.  Is there a font I can use that would force to upper case regardless?  I did not see an option to force text to be shown as upper case in text style.  I was surprise to not see anything in knowledge base on this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:avillanueva)

One possible workaround is to create a single cell repeat region and then use repeat region relations to display the uppercase equivalent.

IF PTC_WM_LIFECYCLE_STATE == "In Work"

MY_STATE = "IN WORK"

ENDIF

The table cell would then use the syntax:  &rpt.rel.MY_STATE

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV

One possible workaround is to create a single cell repeat region and then use repeat region relations to display the uppercase equivalent.

IF PTC_WM_LIFECYCLE_STATE == "In Work"

MY_STATE = "IN WORK"

ENDIF

The table cell would then use the syntax:  &rpt.rel.MY_STATE

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:TomU)

Close but I think that it does not like format of the parameter call out in the filter.  I am doing this on a format so I could see it as a part model drawing or an assembly drawings. I could pull the parameter  from the drawing itself but that's not a repeat region choice.

Thank you. There was a step I missed: http://support.ptc.com/cs/cs_27/howto/dwt_relt/dwt_relt.htm

I had to first enter in the right parameter THEN do the relation THEN switch the parameters. Works now

TomU
23-Emerald IV

By the way, I saw your response come through but I was already almost done with this example, so I decided to finish it up anyway.  Take note of the repeat region filter and the IF EXISTS statements. 

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Do you want this to display the value from the model or of the value from the drawing?  If drawing, then this won't work since a repeat region cannot read drawing parameters.  If model, then this will work, you just manually have to create the appropriate parameters in the repeat region relations window.  Once the format is used to create a drawing, the repeat region parameters will automatically "snap" to the model's parameters.  A sample format is attached demonstrating this concept.

Top Tags