cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Development path name where a project revision belongs to (using CLI commands)

amatei
12-Amethyst

Development path name where a project revision belongs to (using CLI commands)

Hello,

We are using Integrity Client version 10.8.0.8356

In the project history, given a checkpoint identified by project revision number like 1.4.1.1 or 1.3.1.1.2.1,

how can I find which development path name the checkpoint belongs to ?

I tried the si locate CLI command but it doesn't return the correct development path name of that project revision

si locate --hostname=someserver --port=someport --user=someuser  --project=t://..../project.pj   --projectRevision=1.4.1.1 --devpathscope=all --depth=all  --projectscope=this

Any help is  much appreciated, many thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
kthierer
11-Garnet
(To:amatei)

It was also surprised that si locate in this context gives more information about parent project(s)

than about the project itself.

Thinking a while about this I realized this is normal since 'si locate' asks where something

is used and this is rather like asking for the parents.

The parent(s) do not neccesarily have to be on the same devpath.

My best approach I found to get the desired information for this is to use the locate command

rather on some member or build subproject of that checkpoint.

Something like:

si locate --depth=all -P d://.../project.pj --projectrevision=1.4.1.1 member.txt

si locate --depth=current -P d://.../project.pj --projectrevision=1.4.1.1 member.txt

HTH Jürgen

amatei
12-Amethyst
(To:kthierer)

Hello Klaus

>si locate --depth=current -P d://.../project.pj --projectrevision=1.4.1.1 member.txt

I am not sure how to use the --projectrevision=1.4.1.1 argument

If I test a similar command like yours, I see that the result is not filtered by projectRevision=1.4.1.1 ?

Example:

The command below returns the occurrence of the Notepad2.txt  in the mainline not inside the project revision  1.4.1.1 ?

si locate --hostname=someserver --port=someport --user=someuser  --project=t://..../project.pj   --projectRevision=1.4.1.1 --devpathscope=this --depth=current  --projectscope=this  Notepad2.txt

The result is:

t://..../project.pj - Mainline -  Notepad2 .txt 1.1 Oct 24, 2016 2:41:58 PM - Now

kthierer
11-Garnet
(To:amatei)

What is if you ommit the switches --devpathscope and --projectscope?

I guess --projectRevision=1.4.1.1 is only to say/check that there was a member Notepad2.txt for this checkpoint

resp to select the right archive for the command.

BTW:

I was not implying that there would be a single response nor that --depth=current would be the solution for all cases.

What I found is just that starting from the gui it is better to locate a member or subproject of that checkpoint.

If you then find your project checkpoint in the All Occurences List (contains checkpoints and checkpoint ranges) and it maches

a development path (hopefully only once)..... But in the end you must find the right filtering question yourself.

I'm on Integrity 10.4 just in case this matters here.

Top Tags