cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

rotate or move in CREO 3

shze
1-Newbie

rotate or move in CREO 3

I have 2 questions:

If I sketch a model in CREO 3 but I decide to rotate it or move it in my designing space, what should I do?

4 REPLIES 4

Hello,

You can select a new Sketching Plane.

1. Redefine the feature
  2. Redefine the internal Sketch
  3. Sketch > Setup > Sketch Setup
    • sketch_setup.jpg
    • sketch_plane.jpg

Thanks,

Amit

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:shze)

You could dimension your sketch such that by changing a single dimension, your sketch would rotate or move as you wish.

dschenken
21-Topaz I

The idea to use in Creo Parametric modeling is that the user is creating a program that creates models.

If you want the model to change you need to change the program to allow it.

This is unlike manipulation modelers where the model depends on the user to interactively mold it.

If you attach a picture of what you want it will help.

psobejko
12-Amethyst

are you talking about a sketch?  then there is a rotate-resize command in the sketcher's editing group.  this will let you easily rotate and resize the selected objects as a group.  It is very handy, especially if you know that you can re-position that "anchor" point by holding down the right-mouse-button and dragging it.

rotate_resize_command.png

or are  you talking about a finished 3d model? often, redefining a finished model to be oriented differently relative to the default coordinate system is rather tricky.

But why even do such a thing?  can it not be assembled in the proper orientation?

Well, maybe there are valid reasons; in that case the flexible modeling "move" command lets you easily transform (rotate/move) your entire model:

move_command.png

Top Tags