cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

API to get the product serial number effectivities associated with a WTPart

smorla
9-Granite

API to get the product serial number effectivities associated with a WTPart

I have a set of WTParts whose serial number effectivity value has been entered wrong. I want to delete them using API.

What is the API to access the serial number effectivities associated with WTPart?

I know that I can delete the serial numbers using the following API:

PersistenceHelper.manager.delete((ProductSerialNumberEffectivity) serial);

But I am having trouble getting the ProductSerialNumberEffectivity for a particular WTPart.

Please help.

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Srinivas Morla

You may want to try this. I used this way back and sharing for your reference as it is. So you may need to modify and test it as per your business use case.

QueryResult qr2 = wt.effectivity.EffectivityHelper.service.getEffectivities(prt);    // Object of WTPart whose effectivity you want to delete...

while (qr2.hasMoreElements()) {

Object obj = (Object) qr2.nextElement();

System.out.println("Object-> " + obj.toString());

if (obj.getClass().isAssignableFrom(wt.part.ProductSerialNumberEffectivity.class))

{

System.out.println( " Found Serial Numbered Effectivity" );

wt.part.ProductSerialNumberEffectivity serial = (wt.part.ProductSerialNumberEffectivity)obj;

String sRange=serial.getRange().getStart().toString().trim();

System.out.println("Start Range is --->"+sRange);

if (serial.getRange().getEnd().toString().trim() != null)

{

sRange += " - " + serial.getRange().getEnd().toString().trim();

}

else

{

sRange += " - " + "<open>";

}

// System.out.println(" Range: " + sRange);

// System.out.println(" Effectivity Type: " + serial.getEffContext());

System.out.println("*** Trying to delete Serial Effectivity ***");

PersistenceHelper.manager.delete(serial);     // be careful here. Your deleting something....

System.out.println("*** SerialNumbered Effectivity for WTPart: "+prt.getNumber()+" is succesfully deleted ***");

}

else

{

System.out.println( "Effectivity other than Serial..." );

}

}

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Shirish

Hi Shirish

I tried this code - I am faced with another unusual problem. I notice that the EffectivityHelper.service.getEffectivities(prt); API retrieves only WTDatedEffectivity objects, that is, according to your code I always get "Effectivity other than serial" printing in the console.

I thought the API was meant for date effectivity only, until I wrote a query to retrieve all serial number effectivity (just to check) using the following query:

QuerySpec qs = new QuerySpec(wt.part.ProductSerialNumberEffectivity.class)

QueryResult qr = PersistenceHelper.manager.find(qs);

This gave me a null result. I have several WTParts with serial number effectivities associated with them - I can see them in the Service Effectivity UI as well. But, for some reason, I am unable to retrieve them using API.

What could be the reason for this?

Top Tags