cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Import test data - file format

MikeMarcoux
11-Garnet

Import test data - file format

I'm attempting to import a stress-strain curve for an elastoplastic material, but keep on getting the attached error.  Is there a trick which I am missing?  I feel like I have the correct format, but the file refuses to import. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_sim/usascii/index.html#page/sim/simulate/modstr/props/reference/tests_hyperelast.html#wwconnect_header

Found my first two mistakes.  The file type must be ASCII.  And I should be using Hyperelastic as the material type. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Some additional back ground.  The data imported is a stress-strain curve obtained from some Instron testing by material house.  The part itself is an elastomeric injection molded part.  The eventual goal to be able to perform an FEA on the part.

Another side related question.  When setting up the material, it asks for the tensile yield strength, and I'm assuming this is the 0.2% offset.  I can determine this value from the stress-strain curve in excel.  I tried importing the curve first.  That's when I received the error.  I noticed if I fill out the tensile yield stress block first, before importing the curve, that when I open the "edit curve/import" (pardon me, I'm writing this from memory), that the value i entered in for tensile yield stress appears in the table as the zero strain value.  This seems a bit odd.  Is it just automatically assuming everything before this is linear, and is just showing a rounded value for the strain (0% and not 0.2%)?

http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_sim/usascii/index.html#page/sim/simulate/modstr/props/reference/tests_hyperelast.html#wwconnect_header

Found my first two mistakes.  The file type must be ASCII.  And I should be using Hyperelastic as the material type. 

Top Tags