cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Mathcad 3.1 Prime and 4.0 help

kpolczynski
1-Newbie

Mathcad 3.1 Prime and 4.0 help

I am trying to install Prime 3.1 on my new laptop. I already have a license for 3.1 but it is on my old computer. I currently only have the 30 day free trial of 4.0 on my new laptop but that will expire soon and I need to use mathcad files on after that expiration date. I am having difficulty downloading 3.1 on my new laptop.

Also, I tried to activate my 3.1 license on the 4.0 version, but it ended up just locking half of the features. I need availability to all the features. I really do not care if it is the 3.1 version or 4.0 version. Please help.

8 REPLIES 8

Usually you get a product key and when you install you tyoe it in an get in return online a license file which is bound to the MAC of the primary NIC in your computer.

It depends on the type of the license for how many installations a product key is valid - may ´be just one for a special edu license, maybe 2 for a regular single user license.

If you dpo not intend to use Prime on your old machine and just want to port it to the new one, you should contact PTC support. I am not sure if you can use the online license management to do so yourself. May depend on the type of license.

Yes I could transfer the 3.1 license to my new computer. I attempted to access the PTC support page, but apparently my account does not have access to this feature. Is there another way to contact PTC so they can help me?

I think you have to bind your license to your account in some way in the properties of your account.

How would I bind the license to my account? Unfortunately, I do not have access to many of the account settings since I only have a student account.

I am not sure and as far as I remember there is a separate support page for student licences.

Usually VladimirN. is quite helpful in providing contact data - maybe he's around and can help.

I just digged into my account configurations and could not find the option to add another software to that account. I remember that there was an option but the design of the pages has changed and PTC pages alway were a nightmare to navigate in. So the option might be somewhere else.

Have you already tried this: Academic Case Logger

Guess you don't have access to the menus shown in the pic below:

ppal
17-Peridot
(To:kpolczynski)

I have mathcad 15, Prime 3.1 and 4.0 on one PC. Mathcad 15 uses the same licence as Prime 4.0. Prime 4.0 and 3.1 have different licences.

Please submit your request in "Academic Support Request" form: Academic Case Logger

‌I filed an academic case logger on Sunday 4-16. I have yet to hear a reply.

Top Tags