cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

help with mathcad converting matrix results into scalar or any other way to do this

fjuarrero
1-Newbie

help with mathcad converting matrix results into scalar or any other way to do this

Hi there, need help, i have calculated values of L and R using rnorm function for 1000 intervals with the mean values and the standard deviation values of L and R. The results are in brackets so i assume it is a matrix. Now need to check when L>R and count, i was using if function but needs a scalar result and L and R are not, any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:fjuarrero)

Do like this:

etc.

Note that the function result is the result of evaluation of the last statement it executed before ending (unless error), or whatever you supply as argument to a 'return' statement.

So if you need the vector with the Fail results, put

As the last statement.

Success!

Luc

thanks Luc, will try it

luc whatever i try with subscripts in that function doesnt work

i enclosed a mathcad page in my message. Would you mind adding your example on my mathcad page or a new one please?

or, if we're feeling really snarky:

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:fjuarrero)

Might it not make more sense the comparison of  the arithmetic means of the data values?

Assignement B3.jpg

Assignement B30.jpg

thanks to all, will try the options

Top Tags