cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Create point for command Total Load at Point

fstopelli-2
14-Alexandrite

Create point for command Total Load at Point

Hello!

I would like to use the Total Load at Point,

but I don't know how to create the point

Can You help me?

Thank you

Regard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you've used the right feature, you should have a table where you can enter X, Y, Z coordinates for a point (or points) relative to the selected coordinate system (make sure you've selected one!).

To be clear, you're not creating an "Offset Coordinate System", you're creating (a) point(s) by offsetting [from] a coordinate system.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

You can use a point that you created in the model, or you can create a point within the Mechanica (Simulate) model that won't show up when you exit Simulate.

It's under Refine Model (in English at least), and the drop-down gives you different ways to create it - I most often use Offset Coordinate System.

Note that I believe it's important to create the point outside solid geometry, otherwise it stops being a point (with 6 degrees of freedom) and becomes a node of an element (with only 3 DOFs), and then you can't apply moments to it.

Hello!

Sorry Jonathan, but in this windowd what  I must do after the creation of the Offset Coordinate System?

Thank you

If you've used the right feature, you should have a table where you can enter X, Y, Z coordinates for a point (or points) relative to the selected coordinate system (make sure you've selected one!).

To be clear, you're not creating an "Offset Coordinate System", you're creating (a) point(s) by offsetting [from] a coordinate system.

Top Tags