I am working on modifying the Creo config files our company uses (Creo 3 M090) to help aid collaboration between our mechanical group and our electrical group. The EE group is using a program called Pads for board layouts and we have to send files back and forth with them many times before reaching a final design. The current process is very manual and very clunky. I am trying to explicitly set some configuration options to make this process better and am not having a ton of luck with a few remaining ones. I am wondering if you can help direct me to the correct config setting names and proper values to accomplish the items below. We are exploring several file formats, but I am most curious about settings to export from Creo to .idf and .dxf files that Pads will read in. I know several of these things can be accomplished manually or by messing with settings boxes during export, but I am trying to automate as many of these settings as possible in order to export files right out of 3D part or assembly mode (that is, without having to create a drawing to then export a file from). The things I am trying to accomplish in terms of export settings for both of these formats is:
- Metric units
- 1:1 scale
- 2D, top-down view (as if you were looking at a PCB layout--we get weird side views sometimes.)
- Flattened layers, or as few layers as possible (.dxf files seem to export out with every line/curve as a separate layer???)
- Non-faceted geometry
- Displayed unit accuracy to 2 or 3 decimal places (we have it set to 5 for mechanical work, but the electrical guys don't like to see the extra digits)
- An established and displayed 0,0 origin
- Established and potentially displayed coordinate system
- Closed-line geometry (as opposed to a series of unconnected lines and curves which .dxf seems to do)
- Line thickness displayed at 100um.
Lastly, just a general question..
Can "search_path" be in the .sup file? We currently have the following:
in the config.sup file and I was told that it may not work if located there as opposed to the config.pro file.
I know some of these are more relevant to the .dxf format and not to .idf so please keep that in mind. I appreciate any and all help.