cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Custom Functions using sheet include.

acarpenter-2
1-Newbie

Custom Functions using sheet include.

Hi all I have a sheet that I declare my custom functions like a drift calculation for resistors lets call this resistor_calcs, then if I include this sheet in a new worksheet using the include sheet function and try to use the functions in resistor_calcs I get a undefined variable error.

Capture1.PNG

in resistors.mcdx I have

Capture2.PNG

Now in M15 this works fine, so I wanted to ask does prime support user defined functions which are imported using the include sheet directive.

I have tried something really basic also like declaring a function x(b,c):=b+c  and then using x(1,2)=  in the remote worksheet, still this does not work.

I' running Prime 4.0.

Also second note where are the hyperlink insertions in prime.....

Any ideas...

3 REPLIES 3

Prime has some major limitations compared to M15. I would say it is still in the process of gestation. Better use it for simple things ... elementary ... as the "grid" suggests ...

Please check attached example. Does it work normally for you?

Pic_1.png

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:acarpenter-2)

Your function (in the subsheet) contains a power with a divisor (denominator) that has a unit.

In your calling sheet, you call the function, but without properly assigning units.

Correct that, and see if it works.

Success!

Luc

Top Tags